Your vacation at Dayton House Resort in Myrtle Beach should be both relaxing and refreshing to your soul. One way to alleviate your stress is to spend some time on your balcony with a glass of wine. You could choose a chilled chardonnay, a strong cabernet or something sweeter. The choices are endless, and the best way for you to choose your favorite wine is to discover places that let you taste the wines before you buy them.
The Grand Strand offers many options for wine lovers where you can taste the delicious varieties of wine before you order a glass or take home that special bottle. Here are our picks for the top five wine-tasting spots in the Myrtle Beach area:
- Experience a global wine adventure just two blocks south of Dayton House Resort on 21st Avenue North at Coastal Wine Boutique. Taste wines from around the globe, and indulge your senses with a diverse collection of styles that range from limited-production wines to Old World varietals. Wine is best enjoyed amongst friends, and the Coastal Wine Boutique offers you an intimate, cozy and sophisticated atmosphere that is perfect for tasting wine. Order something from the tapas menu, try a wine tasting, then sit back with a glass of your favorite wine. Check the Coastal Wine Boutique website for special events and discover their other locations in North Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island.
- It’s wine time … all the time … at Coastal Carolina Winery located at Broadway at the Beach across from Margaritaville. Stop in and enjoy the afternoon or evening while you sample some of the award-winning wines. They offer a variety of whites, reds, blushes, ports and fruit wines that range from dry to sweet so everyone can find their favorite. You can also take home some local pottery, wine accessories or clothing, any of which makes for a fun gift. They even have a full assortment of snacks, salsa, chips, chocolate and food items for you to enjoy. Stop in for a tasting, and take home a bottle of your favorite wine.
- Taste the flavors of the South at Carolina Vineyards Winery located at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. Established in 1985, Carolina Vineyards Winery relocated to Barefoot Landing from Chester, South Carolina, in 2005 and has been making delicious wines for tourists and locals ever since. They specialize in producing traditional South Carolina-style wine from South Carolina-grown fruits. You will enjoy a variety of dry, semi-dry, medium and sweet wines made from varietal grapes and local fruits. You will find this lovely winery next to the Carousel at the southern end of Barefoot Landing.
- If you’re looking for the perfect place to unwind, stop in and uncork the sweeter side of Myrtle Beach at Duplin Winery located just North of Barefoot Landing. While you enjoy your wine tasting, the staff will educate and entertain you on the wine-making methods that make Duplin wine so delicious. After your tasting get a glass of your favorite muscadine wine, browse through the large retail store, where you will find Duplin wines, gourmet jellies and sauces, Sweetzer drink mixes, and other unique wine and boutique items. You can also enjoy live music on the patio from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. every Monday through Saturday, along with wine events throughout the year.
- Just a short drive north of Dayton House Resort you will discover La Belle Amie Vineyard in the quant town of Little River. La Belle Amie is an operating vineyard that is open to the public. Vineyard guests are invited into the wine-tasting room to sample private-label wines along with a variety of specialty finishing and dipping sauces and dressings. La Belle Amie wines range from sweet muscadine to dry red or white wines, so everyone can find a favorite. They also have themed events with live music on the shaded lawn area that has become very popular with tourists and locals. Check the website for the latest events, and don’t forget to bring your beach chairs.
On your next vacation to Dayton House Resort, make sure to get out to some wine tastings, enjoy a glass and pick up your favorite bottle — then unwind out on your balcony while you enjoy the cool ocean breezes.