We Are Here to Make Your Stay Relaxing, Fun, and Accessible
Here at Dayton House in Myrtle Beach, SC, our goal is to provide our guests with disabilities an amazing time on their vacation. As part of our commitment, we have paid special attention to various facilities and other features at our Resort to ensure our guests, including those guests requiring special assistance, feel welcome. Our Condominium Resort has units with accessibility features. The specific units in our program change from time to time. Below is a list of accessibility features currently offered at our resort:
- (9) accessible guest rooms with mobility features such as wide doorways, accessible bathrooms with handrails, and more. These units are held for possible use by persons with disabilities until all other rooms in the same price category have been rented. Of these 9 accessible rooms, 3 units are equipped with roll-in showers.
- Installation of strobe and visual emergency alarms for the hearing impaired installed in all common areas and 3 ADA outlined rooms.
- Installation of fire sprinkler systems and fire extinguishers installed in all common areas throughout the resort, except for sprinkler systems in the Middle and West Towers.
- Accessibility to public restrooms with mobility features including wide doors and handrails.
- Handicap parking spaces in parking lots as well as numerous city-metered spots that are free to park in with a handicap placard visible.
- Wheelchair accessibility beach access point located at 24th avenue’s public beach access.
- Fully accessible floors by elevator without the interference of steps in all buildings.
- Installation of emergency communication systems in all elevators except in the Middle Tower.
- 32” clear passage width accessibility throughout the resort and common areas.
- Installation of horizontal grab bars in all room bathtubs.
- Welcoming and full resort accessibility of registered service animals except in pools and other bodies of water.
- Closed-captioning settings for all guestroom televisions.
- All points of entrance and exit that are locked, properly labeled if not accessible by key card.
- Around the clock surveillance equipment positioned covering the main lobby’s entrances and exits.
Can We Assist You?
Our guest services team is here to address any accessibility concerns. Please reach out to us through our contact form at www.daytonhouse.com/contact-us or call us at (800) 258-7963 and let us know how we can help.
Dayton House Resort is committed to assisting our guests with disabilities and special needs. Not only are we doing everything possible at the resort to make you feel welcome, but we are also ensuring our guests are able to browse our website with ease. This website is built and audited for conformance with generally-recognized and accepted guidelines and/or standards for website accessibility, which can be found at https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/. We will make all reasonable efforts in order to improve guest usability of our site and if you have a suggestion you may contact us at [email protected].