Here’s a list of great burger joints where you can feed your all American burger exploration:
* Art Burger Sushi Bar: Yes, burgers and sushi on the boardwalk in Myrtle Beach. This is a truly unique burger experience that you will be glad you tried. The view of the Atlantic Ocean coupled with artwork by local artists that adorn the walls of this modern restaurant, and the food here is considered art as well. The menu focuses on burgers and sushi, as the name suggests, and each delicious burger is named after something artsy like The Dali (ground beef patty, fried pickles, avocado ranch, lettuce, and tomato), the Da Vinci (falafel veggie burger with hummus, tabbouleh, and goddess dressing), the Caravaggio (ground lamb, cucumber tzatziki, lettuce and tomato on pita bread), and many other unique options.
* River City Cafe: Consistently voted a locals' favorite for burgers, River City Cafe serves up a variety of options from the traditional cheeseburger to the adventurous to the outrageous. The house cheeseburger is a thick patty served with your choice of cheese, lettuce, onions, tomato, pickles, mustard, and mayo. You can also try the Peanut Butter Burger, topped with creamy peanut butter; the Nacho Crunch Burger, topped with guacamole, Doritos and jalapeños; the Fried Mac & Cheeseburger topped with a loaf of fried mac and cheese, or the Surf-N-Turf topped with fried popcorn shrimp in a spicy chili glaze. If you want outrageous, check out the Kitchen Sink” and OMG” burgers. You can substitute a veggie patty, turkey patty or chicken breast for the beef on any burger.
* Burger Fi: The name says it all: BurgerFi is all about the burgers, and this eatery means business. BugerFi is a national chain that is widely recognized for their freshly made, succulent burgers that the whole family can enjoy. While visiting the Surfside Beach area, burger fans can indulge in tasty dishes at BurgerFi. The menu features some no-frills, classic burgers like the BurgerFi Burger, BurgerFi Cheeseburger and the BurgerFi Bacon Cheeseburger, as well as more unique options like the Conflicted Burger (natural Angus burger, veggie burger, American & white cheddar cheeses, lettuce, tomato, and BurgerFi sauce), the Breakfast All Day Burger (natural Angus burger, American cheese, bacon, maple syrup, fried egg, hash brown, grilled onions, and ketchup), and the ever-so-fancy The CEO (double Wagyu & brisket blend burger, homemade candied bacon-tomato jam, truffle aioli, and aged Swiss cheese).
* Cheeseburger In Paradise: Jimmy Buffett’s song is the inspiration for the burger-focused Cheeseburger in Paradise in Myrtle Beach. There are plenty of non-burger options on the menu, but meat lovers can jump right to the main attraction. All burgers are cooked to order and made with never-frozen beef. (You can also choose a chicken breast, turkey patty or veggie patty instead of beef for any burger). The house special is the Cheeseburger in Paradise with pulled pork, cheddar, fried onion straws, fried pickles, and horseradish sauce. Other options include the Aloha with teriyaki sauce, cheddar, grilled onions, and pineapple salsa; The Good Egg with bacon and a fried egg; and The Moonshiner, which includes a bourbon-glazed patty, bourbon onions, bacon and bleu cheese.
* Hamburger Joes: Offering a nice mix of taste and value, Hamburger Joe’s is a favorite among burger fanatics at the beach and locals alike. The thin patties are fresh — never frozen — and cooked on a flat-top grill. Cheeseburgers include a choice of mayo, pickles, lettuce, onions, and tomato. Other menu options include hot dogs, corn dogs, grilled cheese and BBQ.
Try one of these 5 options and you will be happy you did, whether you are looking for a unique taste, location or one that is a locals favorite, this list will satisfy all of you. No matter how you like your burger, everyone can agree that it’s a perfect way to fuel a vacation day while staying at the Dayton House Resort in Myrtle Beach.