But despite the abundance of seafood buffets, barbecue and burger joints, Southern-style eateries, international cuisine, and comfort-food cafes, sometimes the best place to dine is in the comfort of your own room at Dayton House Oceanfront Resort. After a long, hot day on the beach or a whirlwind evening of entertainment, sometimes there's nothing like ordering a pizza and having it delivered directly to your room.
Of course, Myrtle Beach has all the big national chains where you can play it safe and get the same ol' pie, like Domino's, Pizza Hut and Papa John's, but we recommend trying one of our many local pizzerias for a true taste of the beach. From small mom-and-pop pizza shops to local and regional chains, Myrtle Beach has a lot of different options for picking the perfect pizza. Here's a list of local favorites you can have delivered to your door at Dayton House Resort:
* Michael’s Pizza: This local chain has been in business since 1996 and offers some of the best New York Style pizza on along the Grand Strand. They also offer Panini’s & Gyro’s, subs & burgers and some of the best homemade Italian favorites for everyone to enjoy. Order the 16” pizza and it is enough to feed an entire family.
* Mellow Mushroom: Mellow Mushroom’s menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Delivered Hot and Fresh to your room.
* Hungry Howie's: This regional chain can fill up a family in many ways. From its tasty pizzas to its fresh-baked subs, Hungry Howie's has several combination specials that allow you to add on salads, wings, breadsticks and more. The Howie Maui Hawaiian Pie has fresh pineapple, ham, bacon and mozzarella, and The Works has, well, the works. The Cajun Howie Bread is another favorite, and the kids can eat cheap with $7 medium cheese pizzas.
* AJ’s Pizza: Local chain that knows how to make a fresh pizza. Try one of the specialty pizzas from Buffalo Chicken, to Sweet & Spicy to the Surf & Turf, or just order one of the classic cheese and pepperoni, you won’t be disappointed. They also have oven baked subs, fresh pasta and wraps. Great pizza for a reasonable price.
* Ultimate California Pizza: This local chain offers a wide variety of toppings, including surf-and-turf options like shrimp and New York strip. UCP also makes some mean flatbreads, salads and sandwiches, and the specialty pizzas are among the most popular items on the menu, particularly the signature Big Kahuna with everything but the kitchen sink.
Perhaps the best part of ordering in instead of dining out is spending a relaxing evening in the comfort of your Dayton House room while recovering from a busy day at the beach. As part of our Sun & Fun Rewards package, guests at Dayton House Oceanfront Resort receive free and unlimited DVD rentals, so you can order up some pie and enjoy a family movie night. It’s just one more way of saying thank you for spending your Myrtle Beach summer vacation with us at Dayton House Oceanfront Resort.