You and your family can enjoy a full Thanksgiving dinner at your vacation home away from home at Dayton House Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Located on the oceanfront near Myrtle Beach’s lively downtown district, Dayton House Resort is close to a number of nearby restaurants that will be serving everything from turkey and dressing to seafood and pizza for the late-November holiday.
That's the beauty of spending Thanksgiving weekend on a mini-vacation to Myrtle Beach: You get to celebrate all the usual customs of the holiday, along with a little beach fun thrown in for good measure. Take advantage of the time off to sneak in a trip to the Grand Strand without all the headaches of hosting a Thanksgiving dinner. Forget about the cooking and cleaning, and experience the holiday in true stress-free fashion by going out to dinner at one of Myrtle Beach's many restaurants that are opening for Thanksgiving. Here are some of your dining options during your Thanksgiving Day stay at Dayton House Resort:
* California Dreaming/Carolina Roadhouse: These sister Grand Strand restaurants serve similar fare for Thanksgiving. In addition to the classics, like turkey and dressing with cranberry sauce, they also offer their regular menu, which is deep with delicious items. The prime rib is among the best on the beach, and lighter eaters can make a meal or two out of their house salads. There are two California Dreaming locations (Surfside Beach and Myrtle Beach) on the Grand Strand, and Carolina Roadhouse is located about 2 miles north of Dayton House Resort. Reservations are recommended.
* Croissants: This upscale Myrtle Beach restaurant and bakery has earned acclaim for its European-inspired cuisine, but Thanksgiving is celebrated with a traditional American feast fit for royalty. Herb-roasted turkey and vegetables with cranberry sauce, fresh-baked breads, and mouthwatering desserts are all part of the experience, but you'd better act fast. Reservations are required at least 48 hours prior to Thanksgiving Day, and spaces fill up even earlier.
* House of Blues: Enjoy a truly Southern Thanksgiving meal and some good music to go along with it at this North Myrtle Beach establishment. Located at Barefoot Landing, the HOB puts out a spread of Turkey Day favorites and all the fixings, along with its regular menu of comfort-food classics like barbecue ribs, fried catfish and jambalaya. Save room for pumpkin pie or the HOB's famous Mississippi Mud Cake. Reservations are highly recommended.
* Simply Southern Smokehouse: Get ready to strap on the feed bag after picking up your Thanksgiving feast to-go at this local restaurant, which always serves some of the best barbecue and fried chicken in Myrtle Beach, but expands its offerings to include Thanksgiving dinner for the holiday. You can choose between smoked turkey, fried turkey and smoked ham for your entree, a long list of vegetables for your sides, and a collection of puddings and cobblers for your dessert.
* K&W: This family-friendly cafeteria chain offers a spread of Thanksgiving favorites for a special rate on the big holiday. Guests can also pick up Thanksgiving dinner at K&W To Go and enjoy it in the comfort of their room at Dayton House Resort.
For those looking for something other than the usual Thanksgiving fare, there are several restaurants open near The Dayton House serving their regular menus on the holiday, such as Fiesta del Burro Loco (Mexican) and Michael’s Pizza (Italian). No matter what you eat on Turkey Day, you won’t go home hungry or disappointed.