After spending a long day swimming in the pool, relaxing under an umbrella or playing in the sand next the Atlantic Ocean at Dayton House Resort, you’re bound to get hungry. And when your taste buds are telling you it’s time for some Mexican food, Myrtle Beach offers some delicious options that will make you feel like you are south of the border. Here are five of our guests’ favorite spots along the Grand Strand to satisfy your craving for Mexican fare:
1. Nacho Hippo Mexican Cantina: This family-friendly restaurant brings a fun, party atmosphere with delicious Mexican cuisine, weekly entertainment and a full bar that offers delicious drink concoctions. Try the giant nachos, tasty tacos, jumbo burritos and juicy quesadillas that are prepared to perfection and guaranteed to satisfy even the most ferocious hippo hunger. If you’re hungry for more classic Americana dishes, Nacho Hippo also offers burgers, chicken dishes and even wings. Make sure to stop by for happy hour Monday through Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. for drink specials, as well as for live music every Friday and Saturday from 8 to 11 p.m. Nacho Hippo is located at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach and has a new location across the street from Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach.
2. Sun City Café: If you’re looking for a great local Mexican restaurant that makes everything from scratch, this is a great bet. Located on Main Street in the heart of Myrtle Beach, this hidden gem serves amazing fresh and made-to-order Mexican food. The atmosphere is cozy and laid-back, and the customer service will make you feel like you’re at an old friend’s house. Don’t be surprised if the chef and owner come out of the kitchen to welcome you. Bring your appetite, as the delicious and unique food at Sun City Café also comes out in generous portions. If you’re thirsty for a drink with a kick, try a homemade margarita — the customers rave about how good they are.
3. Fiesta del Burro Loco: This establishment has been awarded the “Best Mexican Restaurant” and “Best Happy Hour” in Myrtle Beach. The atmosphere is fun, open and inviting, with Mexican décor throughout the lively bar and comfortable dining area. The Mexican fare is mouthwatering and comes in generous portions. If you’re feeling adventurous, order your party the Crazy Donkey Feast, which packs in enough food for four people — three if you’re really hungry, or two if you’re loco. You will find all of your favorite Mexican dishes on the menu, and the premium margaritas are out of this world.
4. Farlo’s Burrito Bar: When you’re hungry for a big burrito, stop by this downtown Myrtle Beach spot located across from the zip line. The menu is simple, with a unique mix of classic dishes and seasonal specialties that are guaranteed to please even the most discerning burrito lover. One thing that makes Farlo’s special is that they don’t have any freezers in the restaurant — so nothing is frozen, just fresh, healthy food that is prepared while you watch. And if you want something other than a burrito, Farlo’s has delicious salads, tacos and kids meals for the little ones.
5. Banditos Restaurant and Cantina: Delicious food, wonderful drinks and a million-dollar view of the Atlantic Ocean are what you will find here. Located on the north end of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, this fun restaurant offers amazing views of the sparkling Atlantic Ocean from its open-air deck. Sit back and soak in live music throughout the summer, and enjoy happy-hour specials on refreshing drinks and delicious menu items every day from 4 to 8 p.m.. Try one of Banditos’ tasty signature dishes, and make sure not to miss the amazing tropical salsa or the guacamole that is handcrafted fresh daily. Next time you’re at the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, stop in for a bite to eat or a thirst-quenching cocktail.
These are just a few of the amazing Mexican restaurants Myrtle Beach has to offer. On your next vacation at the Dayton House Resort, get out and discover how delicious these restaurants are.