Here's a glance at some of the best reasons to start planning your summer vacation at The Dayton House in Myrtle Beach:
* Concerts: The Third Annual Carolina Country Music Festival kicks off the summer season in grand style with the brightest lineup of stars yet. The June 8-11 shindig, which is expected to draw more than 30,000 fans to the downtown district, features headiners Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean and South Carolina's favorite son Darius Rucker, as well as more than 30 acts playing on three stages with the ocean serving as the backdrop. The hottest tickets in town are going fast, so reserve your tickets when you book your room at The Dayton House. The CCMF is the first of many major concert events coming to Myrtle Beach this summer.
* Festivals: The summertime in Myrtle Beach is like one big three-month festival, and the Grand Strand saves the best shindig for last with the Beach Boogie & BBQ Festival. Held Labor Day weekend, the Beach Boogie & BBQ features all the great things in its name - a farewell to summer weekend on the beach, live music and dancing, and a world championship barbecue cook-off - as well as some other crowd favorite festivities, such as a car show, arts and crafts vendors and family-friendly fun.
* Fireworks: Every major city shoots of fireworks for the Fourth of July, but Myrtle Beach celebrates with pyrotechnics displays all summer long. Visitors can watch the skies light up on the Grand Strand nearly every night of the week, with Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and the Myrtle Beach Pelicans hosting fireworks shows through the summer months. Be sure to check the local fireworks schedule as dates become available.
* New Attractions: Longtime visitors will notice some new and exciting additions to the Myrtle Beach lineup this summer. The Track Family Fun Center go-kart racing and arcade has opened on Restaurant Row, Salt Shaker Boat Tours offers unique rides on the Intracoastal Waterway at Barefoot Landing, and Broadway at the Beach has seen several new venues, including Dave & Buster's, Paula Deen's Family Kitchen, and a new and relocated Hard Rock Cafe. For rainy-day fun, the new Rockin' Jump Trampoline Park is located only a couple of blocks from The Dayton House.
* Sporting events: Myrtle Beach is filled with sports fields and courts that attract young athletes and their families, but no ballpark will be hopping like the Myrtle Beach Pelicans this summer. Celebrating back-to-back Carolina League championships and the long-awaited World Series title for its parent club the Chicago Cubs, the Pelicans will hold a summer-long celebration highlighted by Cubs-A-Palooza on June 24-26. Of course, you can also enjoy golf, cycling, water sports and other activities during your stay.
If you haven't booked your summer vacation in Myrtle Beach yet, it's time to claim your front-row seat to all the action by staying and playing at The Dayton House. We look forward to welcoming you this summer.