Spending your vacation at the Dayton House not only puts you in a prime location on the Myrtle Beach oceanfront and in the downtown district, it also gives you easy access to some of the best shopping on the Grand Strand. Located close to some of the best attractions, dining, entertainment and nightlife Myrtle Beach has to offer, the Dayton House is also a short distance from some of the best retail centers on the Strand. Here are five of our guests' favorite places for a little vacation retail therapy.
* Broadway at the Beach: Located about a mile inland from the Dayton House, the most popular attraction in Myrtle Beach is also a hit with our guests. In addition to boasting great attractions, restaurants, nightlife and special events like free fireworks shows, Broadway at the Beach is famous for its shops. Featuring everything from major national outlets to mom-and-pop shops, the five distinct retail villages located throughout the complex allow visitors to shop till they drop. Broadway at the Beach boasts more than 60 stores where you can pick up gifts for folks back home or spoil yourself with a shopping spree.
* Coastal Grand Mall: Those hot summer days can take a toll on a shopper, especially at the outdoor retail centers. But this modern mall offers a great place to stay cool while shopping for hot bargains. Located near the Myrtle Beach International Airport, Coastal Grand Mall features major anchor stores and dozens of specialty shops, and it is surrounded by several new strip malls with even more shopping opportunities. Coastal Grand also has fun distractions for the children and non-shoppers in your party, like a movie theater, food court and arcade.
* Market Common: For a shopping experience that is unique to Myrtle Beach, check out this urban-style shopping village on the south side of town. Built on the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base, Market Common is a multipurpose development that has houses parks, restaurants, recreation and, most of all, shopping. City streetscapes that look like a scene from a major metropolitan city feature sidewalk shopping at upscale stores. The shopping district covers a five-block area lined with local boutiques and national chains. This place is worth the trip even if you only want to window shop and people watch.
* Myrtle Beach Boardwalk: The Dayton House is less than a mile from the northernmost point of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, a 1.3-mile wooden walkway that leads to some of the best shopping in the downtown district. Follow the scenic pathway with the Atlantic Ocean on one side and rows of storefronts, cafes and park benches on the other, providing the perfect backdrop for a day of shopping. Popular stops on the trail include the legendary Gay Dolphin Gift Cove, a historic store that carries everything you can imagine and more. T-shirt shops, souvenir stores and beachwear outlets abound. Stick around until the sun goes down for free concerts, fireworks and festivals.
* Tanger Outlet Stores: Myrtle Beach's shopping scene is so rich that it has two of these popular national retail centers. With one located on Highway 501 near Carolina Forest and the other up north on Kings Highway, both about 5 miles from the Dayton House, the Tanger Outlet Stores have it all, from popular name-brand stores to local mom-and-pop shops. Both Tanger locations are surrounded by more retail stores and big-box chains where you can make a full day of your shopping excursion.
After a long day of shopping, return to your vacation home away from home at the Dayton House for a little rest and relaxation. Take a dip in the pool, go for a walk on the beach, kick back on your private oceanfront balcony and stretch out with your comfortable accommodations. It’s the ideal way to end a day of shopping at the Dayton House.