Frequently Asked Question About Dayton House Resort
Over the years, our guests have requested a wide range of information while planning their vacations at the Dayton House Resort. Several questions are asked most frequently. In an effort to assist you in preparing for your stay with us, we have listed our answers to some of the most common inquiries here.
What tax rate can I expect to pay?
- Local hospitality tax is 12 percent.
What is included in the resort fee?
- Resort fees include parking and Wi-Fi.
Do I need a credit card to check in?
- For check-in, debit and credit cards are preferred. However, if one chooses to use cash, a check for the deposit must be sent at least a month before the visit to enable a reservation. Also, if checking in with cash, a $100 deposit will be required at check-in. The deposit will be returned once the guest checks out and the room has been inspected and cleared by housekeeping.
Is there a surcharge to use my credit card?
- There is no surcharge for using credit cards.
How do I edit my reservation?
- If you book your reservation through the resort, simply call the Dayton House and make the changes. If your reservation was made through a third party, call the third party to make any changes. The third party will in turn fax, email or make the changes within the system.
What time are check-in and checkout?
- Check-in is at 3 p.m. or after, while checkout is 11 a.m.
Is it possible to check in early? Can we use the facilities before checking in?
- You may check in early, subject to room availability. If the room is available, you may check in and go to your room early. However, if the room is not available early, check-in paperwork may be completed, and you can use the resort facilities until your room is available. Changing areas are on-site and easy to access, so guests can use them to put on swimwear or other clothing before using the pools or lazy river, or before enjoying one of the restaurants located at the resort.
Do you accommodate late checkout?
- You may call for a checkout-time extension to as late as 12:30 p.m. (This convenience is available as long as the room is not scheduled for another guest.) If checkout will be later than 12:30 p.m., a half-day rate may apply.
What is the cancellation policy?
- If a cancellation needs to be made and the booking was processed through the Dayton House, simply call the resort fourteen days or more before check-in to receive your full deposit back. If the cancellation occurs 14 days or fewer before check-in, the deposit and any taxes and fees that were applied will be forfeited. For reservations booked through a third party, contact the third party to make the cancellation, and the resort will make any needed changes based upon the third party’s policy.
What is the damage waiver fee? What is included and not included?
- If a guest pays cash, a $100 fee will be withheld until checkout. The waiver fee will be returned to the guest after the room has cleared inspection.
How far is the airport from the resort?
- The airport is approximately 4.5 miles away. However, plan your travel accordingly depending on traffic. The trip may take as few as 12 to 15 minutes, or up to 25 minutes on a high-traffic day.
Is there a shuttle to and from the airport?
- There is no shuttle to and from the airport. However, the front desk has phone numbers available for a number of local ground-transportation companies.
Is there a shuttle available to the local attractions?
- Myrtle Beach offers public transportation via the Coast RTA system, which picks up and drops off twice an hour directly in front of the Dayton House.
Do you have a concierge on-site?
- There is no concierge, however, the front-desk staff is available and ready to help. Staff members can assist with any needs or questions that guests may have.
Is Wi-Fi available?
- Wi-Fi is available at the resort.
Are the rooms smoke-free?
- The rooms are smoke-free.
Can I bring pets?
- Pets are not allowed, but service animals are most welcome.
Do you provide cribs? Washer and dryers?
- Cribs and pack ’n plays are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Roll-away beds and cots are also available for $10 per day. A coin-operated laundry is located in the west building for guest use. You must use your key card for entry.
What can be found in a guest room? An iron? A blow dryer?
- All rooms come standard with an iron, coffee pot and blow dryer. Rooms will have a full kitchen, efficiency kitchen or a fridge/microwave combination.
What amenities are offered to guests?
- The resort offers indoor and outdoor pools, three Jacuzzis, a fitness center, a kiddie pool, a sauna and a lazy river.
What are the pool hours?
- Pool hours are from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Are the pools heated?
- All pools are heated. However, in winter, the outdoor pools are not heated.
What restaurants are at the resort?
- John’s is an on-site restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch daily from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. It offers a breakfast buffet along with a breakfast and lunch menu. By the pool is the Yella Umbrella, a seasonal restaurant that serves burgers, hot dogs, salads and more. It is open from April through September from 11 a.m. to 6p.m. daily.
Do you provide on-site parking?
- Parking is provided at the Dayton House. Five buildings are located on-site, with four of them oceanfront. Three of the buildings have limited parking below with a six-foot clearance. A large parking garage with a seven-foot clearance is located in front of the main building.
How many parking passes are allotted per room?
- There is no limit on parking passes. However, if a large number of parking spaces is needed, please make a request through the front desk to make arrangements.
Do you offer discounts to area attractions?
- The front desk has discount offers to many venues in the local area available. These include but are not limited to Pirates Voyage, Ripley’s Aquarium, the Carolina Opry and more. The front desk can also provide visitor’s guides that contain coupons for local restaurants.
Do you offer discounts and savings with golf packages?
- If you are looking for savings on golf packages, call the front desk and the staff will make the arrangements through Brittain Resorts. Rates and savings depend on where you play and what time of year you tee it up.